Ok so I had my interview with "dot com!!!" (in sing song voice) this morning. It was probably one of the most difficult ones I've ever done before.
I'm not used to extensive testing & mulitiple interviews.
First when I got there & did an in person interview with a supervisor. Which lasted at least 15-20 minutes. Which is good I think because the guy when went in & interviewed after me seemed to be done really quick.
Then I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork. Which included at 12 question geography quiz. yeh a quiz. I was totally second guessing myself. I mean they asked what was located to the east & west of places. Which really made me stop & think.... But I relyed on my usual--"Never eat soggy waffles"' for North, East, South & West!!! I think I did ok. I mean if I missed one no big deal, I just hope I didn't miss some obvious question!!
Then I took a written test on customer issues & problems, a math test ( calculators ok-whew!) on vacation packages & then finally a test on the website itself. Which got me a little confused a few times & I just hope that I didn't make some stupid mistake that was obvious!
Then (yes there was more!!!) I had to go do a drug screening. Which was just a hair sample one, no pee test for me, but I waited for nearly a half an hour to just have someone take a sample. It was one of those clinics so it was a little crowded.
THEN (yes there was even more!!) I came home & did a test online on listening to recorded phone conversations that you had to answer questions on & it was to test your listening ability with all sorts of circumstances. Like mad people, or background noise, or trying to find information with too much information involved.... I got 23 out of 28. I ranked in the 90th percentitle, but it made me wonder which ones I missed. Just wanted perfection!!! YOu know!! So I think that meant I got a 83% on my test. Ok, but only average.
Tomorrow I still have to do a background check, but that only involves me leaving information. At least that is easy. I should come clean on that & my drug screening!! Got to get 100% in some areas right!
SOOooo I don't quite know what is next. I might do another interview or not I can't remember. I know they'll tell me soon though since the new hire class starts on the 3rd of Jan. But the drug screening takes a week. So that'll delay things a little. Probably don't offer jobs if your drug test hasn't come back.
I'll keep you all posted.
Oh & yes, my new dog Gus, he also got a clean bill of health today from our vet & he is here to stay!!! :) And I finally (I think) finished my Christmas shopping. Thank you Wal*Mart!
2 comments:
Marcie
Good Job on the testing...and really it is ok to be "AVERAGE". :) How is Chipo likig Gus and Maggie together? Let me know if you get the job!
Substance abuse is a devastating disease that affects millions of individuals and families. Find the right blood drug test program for yourself or a loved. It will be the first day of the rest of their or your life.
You can get more assistance at http://www.adrugtest.com .
Post a Comment