So I started reading a new book the other day. Really good so far, lots of eye opening ideas & thoughts I had never imagined about myself before. Called Captivating--Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John & Stasi Eldredge. The same guy who wrote the Wild at Heart Series.
One of the things it talks a lot about is how a women views herself. How she sees herself in this world. It has a unique spin on womanhood I guess you could call it.
I was struck by a notion she was writing about in the book about how God created women. I have heard the story a zillion times, but she pointed out how we were created last.
How God created everything else, EVERYThing else & then created woman not as an afterthought, but like the star on the Christmas Tree. The final touch.
And I quote from the book, "The whole, vast world is incomplete without me. Creation reached its zenith with me."
Wow.
Isn't that amazing? I have never looked at creation like that, but now that I've really read the scripture & had it explained to me its totally new to me. And its an incredible realization.
Its amazing to think that God creating woman was such a huge part of creation.
I love how God is reaching a new depth with me. I'm loving this whole new chapter I'm going into. For me right now, as hard as I'm searching God is responding & filling up my yearnings with new understanding about things I have never been exposed to before.
I just feel like this is my time to really tap into what God has for my life & what he wants to teach me. I feel like I'm being taught a lot of new things as well. Never stop learning right?!
God is just so good.
All the time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment