Sunday, November 27, 2005

I Survived!!

I made it thru the worst shopping day of the year on Friday. Thankfully I didn't have to be there until 6:30am (store opened at 6am) but it was CRAZY busy when I did get there.
I think people are under the impression that things are SUPER cheap & the deals are plentiful that day. Not really!
Well, ok we did have some good deals that even I jumped on, but I wouldn't say there was anything at any retailor that was something I just HAD to have.
I was tired from saying "excuse me" just trying to walk thru the store. It wasn't easy & I was the one filling the store when it ran out of stuff. (I'm exaggerating can you tell?!!) Ok, technically I just filled fleece & fleece blankets all day, but that was pretty much what was left in the store.
The line went from front of the store to back of the store & then looped back up to the front again. It was about an hour wait. People are crazy.
There was no bargain shopping for us that day. James managed to get his truck fixed & now my Visa card is about ready to melt in half. Not to mention that my car is needing work badly & it isn't going to be cheap. So it might be a meager Christmas at our house this year.
I'm always saying I'm broke, but this year is a little harder with the new mortgage & I only have one job this holiday season instead of two! Which is a good thing!
Eh, toys & gifts are not that important to me. I guess I'll be asking for car repair for Christmas this year! Cars are so much fun afterall---necessary Evil!!! just like Cell phones....

Anyway, enough lamenting about $$ woes!
Things have been ok around here. I've been working a lot & after this last Friday I came to a new realization about my job. always seem to come across these things at times....
My store made a huge amount of money on Friday. Let's just say it would take me a lifetime to make that sort of money in one day. It was A LOT. And when our store makes a lot of money certain people benefit from it; like my managers. When we comp (beat last years sales) our management team get bonuses from it. I'm thinking they are going to get a huge bonus in a few weeks just from this weekend. Must be nice.
So I got to thinking that I was a little tired of others benefiting from my hard work. I don't get anything out of working my rear off for someone else. Now, naturally others are going to be benefit from my labor when I work for someone else, I get that, but I get nothing. I'm hourly & I get paid whether I put in 110% or 5%. Know what I'm saying?
I work hard everytime I work, but I don't get any sort of extra benefit from the fruits of my labor when I do so.
If I was a car salesman (thank you God I'm not!) I would get something from my work & so would my company. See where I'm going with this?

Sales isn't looking so bad anymore. Its just rough because I do a different type of sales then I picture in my head. But I'm leaning towards a sales job that I would like to benefit from!! I mean come on, I should have something so show for when I work hard & make a customer happy right? I like to be rewarded just like the next guy.

We'll see!
Peace out Peeps!
Have a good week & remember its only 27 more days until Christmas!!! :)

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

Marcie when you put it in numbers (i.e. 27 days till Christmas) you make me nervous! I am going to stay in la la land until at least December 1st....whoops...only until Thursday! :) Thanks for dinner last week, it was fun to come over and visit, and not be there to see just Chipo.