Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Frustrated!!

*Warning* I'm venting here so anything I might say will probably be out of sheer frustration & pettyness. Can't say I didn't warn you did I?!!

Anyway, so I'm about at my wits end right now. I'm trying really hard to remember I've been faithful & my peace doesn't come from my bank account or man. Etc, Etc.
But why does everything just seem to hit during the holidays!!??
First my car starts running poorly, then James's. Ok so we spent nearly an arm & a leg to fix those things. Oh, I can't forget that I needed to buy 4 new tires because all those used ones I've had on my car for awhile just weren't cutting it anymore!!!
don't even get me started on the fact that James's hospital bills have started to trickle in!!! Its not going to be pretty & I swear they timed these bills to go along with Christmas or something!

Then the little things start breaking....
First it was my hairdryer....it just won't turn on anymore now! That broke.
Then it was the toaster. The toaster of all things! Sheesh. I managed to go a few days before buying a new one...ok so toasters & hairdryers are not that expensive, but remember the cars cleaned me out!
Now its the vacuum The belt broke & no one seems to carry the stupid belt anywhere!!!!!! Wal*mart carries the vacuum, but not the belt. What is up with that!??? So I suppose I'm doomed to going to some pricey vacuum place & shell out an gross amount of money for one belt.
Now, I"m complaining!

Well, I can see I really took to heart the Pastor's message for the last few weeks about combating the complaining spirit!!! ARGhhh!!!!

Sigh...
But here is a list of things I'm thankful for out of all the broken things in the house!
1. the cars are fixed & the cost for my car turned out to not be what I was thinking it would be.
2. We had savings to pay for my car to get fixed
3. I have a job (whether I like it or not, at least I have one!)
4. My new toaster is nice & can fit a bagel (our old one was so tiny)
5. I dont' have to spend time drying my hair currently which does shave off some time in the mornings. Although the cold is a little hard when my hair is really wet!
6. I have new tires & since its snowing here sometimes its probably a good idea to have that & my brakes are still good, so that's good too!
7. the big appliances (washer/dryer, fridge. oven/stove) are still working! WhooHoo
8. We have health insurance to cover the vast majority of those bills for James's finger. That was one expensive finger!!!!
9. We're healthy! No sick in this house!
10. We have a great church I love & am blessed to be a part of
11. from all this fun car fixing stuff I finally have found a great place that I trust to take my car too!!! (15th ST. Automotive in Puyallup--Shameless Plug!!)

All in all, I'm just amazed that somehow my bills keep clearing my bank account. Sometimes I wonder where the money comes from at times, but God is so faithful when I'm faithful.
I swear the enemy loves to attack me during the holidays, but I've realized its when I"m at my weakest point. I tend to work just a little during this time of year (ok, I'll stop being sarcastic!!) so I might not exactly be able to get into His Word or spend ample time praying outloud and I'm in general just a little on edge this time of year.
We've had so many poor christmases. James has had years when he didn't work during the holidays & I was the one supporting us. Last year was good, but I never saw anyone. Working 2 jobs & going to school & doing my school's dj job at night, sort of took up my time.
This year I'm down to one job & no school (Praise God that's another thing I"m thankful for!!) and I have a good paying job.
But MAN when can I just get ahead you know!!???
Its a vicious circle I think. More like the circle of life!! :)
BUT God is still so good to us. WE have been so blessed lately & I have so much to be thankful for....
Thank you God for blessing us even in those moments when I swear that is the last straw! I know that our blessings don't ever stop & thank you for the small things & keeping us afloat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I don't think that you are being ungrateful or anything like that. Sometimes our trials do have something to do with money and worldly stresses, and it's ok to vent a bit about them. It's great that you are thinking about the positive side of those struggles too! BTW, when you start getting hospital bills, don't pay the whole amount if it's high. You can call the hospital billing dept and set up non-intrest payments! I had to do that with all the bills from being sick with Eve. You can tell them what you can afford and set up a schedule! Don't put it on a credit card or anything! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Marcie,
I love your honesty. It is so good to see that when everything else in life seems to be going wrong, you stop to talk about what you are thankful for. I can't always do that. I am sorry that you are having so much trouble, especially at the holiday time. I am praying for you guys.

Mary

P.S. I love reading you blog.

Rachel Ann said...

Marcie

I completely understand about money, and not having enough to go around. Sometimes it feels as if you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. However, let me encourage you, since I have been there recently (and still am there)...God will see you through. And in the end he will bless you even more than you thought possible.

Love Ya Rachel

Cagle Clan said...

It is hard to learn to be content "in plenty and in want" isn't it? It's a struggle. I know it seems often that when it rains, it pours. But, I am LEARNING :) that I can find God's favor in those times, and sit back and watch my Father provide for me. Bless you for your honesty. :)
Jess