Wednesday, October 26, 2005

How do I love Thee..let me count the ways...

How much does my husband love me?
Gosh, all you would have to do is come over to our house & see how much he loves me & Noah.

Where should I start....how 'bout at the beginning...
First it all started with the half bath downstairs. I mentioned it was like peeing in a cave. I guess he either agreed or he just wanted a project.
So the half bath was torn apart & now it has new tile flooring, a new vanity, new mirror, new lighting & new paint!

He did the trim on his own. That was more of his project then mine. So was the chair rail project in the living room. It looks awesome though. Both of them look like they've been there since the house was built.

He painted pretty much the entire house. I'm pretty much worthless when it comes to painting. I just hate to paint. Too short.

Then there was the master bath. Now that was a project. It is practically all new as well. New paint, new vanity, new sinks, new tile floor, new faucets, new mirrors & new light fixtures. Oh and the countertop is granite now. Which is nice, but a pain to install because it was all one piece. Yikes it was a lot of work. We still have granite left over too. Anyone looking to buy??


Noah's bathroom has the granite too. Eventually it will have new tile in his bathroom too. There is also new light fixtures in here too
.
This whole house was so dark. The paint was dark, the carpet was stained & the list goes on.
But James really took it to a whole other level by redoing the house & not to mention its still in the process of being remodeled.
There is new carpet, new handles, new paint, you name it we've probably done it.
Oops--see now there I go saying "we." Yeh, it was more like I picked it out & paid for it---he did the work.
And you know why he did?
Because he loves me & wants me to have the best! He knows how I feel about the house I grew up in.

Its great to have a nice house. I grew up in a not so nice house. It was dirty, dank & gross. And it still is to this day. I hate going over to my mom's house...brings back some interesting memories of being embrassed to bring people over to my house.

So too James!
Kudos to you for being such a hard worker not only on your home, but also at your normal job!
You are truly the best & thank you for loving me & Noah so unconditionally...
And just think of the equity we've built into this house? Let's sell this baby & cash out on our profit!!! WHooHoo!
Can you say "flipping?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Ann said...

Marcie

I think you're blogs are great! I really want to encourage you with your getting more involved at church...you are definitely on the right track. That Swindol book is great, I read it when I was an MC student and 13 years later I still remember it! I'm glad that I am starting to get to know you, and hope we can get to know each other better! Blessings--Rachel