Friday, September 09, 2005

Future Brown-Noser!

So I'm going to the Fair tomorrow.
The Big Puyallup Fair. Which for those of you who are not familiar with this fair is one of the Largest Fairs on the West Coast.
Puyallup basically is just that--the fair for 2 weeks out of the year.

Personally, I hate the fair. You've seen one cow--you've seen them all.
Yep. Everyone's a critic I know.

Anyway, I plan on being the biggest brown noser tomorrow.
If you have read any of my previous blogs you know that I studied Radio in College. Ok not really college, Technical College.
I'm going to volunteer my time with a radio station I've worked with before to once again get my foot in the door. I interviewed with them in the past for a promotional assistant, but no luck. I didn't have enough experience. But to put it more bluntly--I didn't have ANY experience.
Promotions is more of the job where you see the radio stations at some event. those are the people who set it up & coordinates those things.
Since I went to a college station, there was little promoting. We didn't need too.

I hope it goes well.
Considering I'm giving about 4 hours of my time for free I think that puts me up there a little bit. Gotta do what you gotta do!!!

Besides, I get free entry into the fair, exposure & who knows what other freebies I might get for being "such a big helper." This is one of the many joys of radio! Doing the "give away the free keychains & enter to win here" thing...

Ahhh..my choosen profession! :)

1 comment:

MKD said...

Yes, seeing the talent of the others at the fair is unique about this fair. Its amazing how huge that place is!!
Oh & I forgot to mention in my new blog from todays fair trip that the new expo hall is great. So much easier to get around & not so squishy going down the aisles. Yes, the rides are a thumbs down for me, but don't tell that to my son!! :)